The House is now under it transformational change with every floor having work done.
This is a new experience for us on many levels
- Never had professional building work done before ( we rented for years)
- Our house we bought 6.5 years ago was a showhouse and we did nothing with it
- The house in its showhome style was NOT our style so I started doing some self improvements – stripping the black gloss of the kitchen i really didn’t like, new flooring put down and the painting changes, wallpaper removed all easy DIY
- We have experts doing the work this time from my design input to then being completed by professional creation and drawings, support, builders, electricians and decorators
Work being done over the next 12 months
- Kitchen rebuild and new layout, new kitchen door (barn style) and eventually bifold doors across the whole of the back of the house
- New carpets on stairs and hallways
- New decorating in every room
- New utility room big created knocking though from downstairs , creating hallway, new front door, move downstairs loo and create additional space downstairs
- New garage door
- Garden we have done just need the furniture for it
- 1st floor bedrooms swaps teenager goes into our en suite room and full re decoration
- Home office reverts back to guest bedroom with full suite being built / think boutique hotel room and sitting room
- 3rd floor is master suite, with full walk in wardrobe which you will walk through to get to master bathroom suite
- The 3rd floor decoration is gray tartan to make it feel different and special as you enter the top floor
- Spare bedroom currently the work studio is then reverted back to another spare guest room
- Garden was done late last year and we just need the right furniture and im sure we can add better quality to it need a mini kitchen garden
Anyone who has undertaken home improvements knows that infamous question – how does Ty build a whole house in 1 week! (Extreme House Makeover) when its taken 3 weeks for just a kitchen whihc still isnt finished??
So where we at and where are we getting out stuff, products and all the other bits n bobs required for a house overhaul?
As of today (9/4/17) we are still not finsihed in the kitchen although a big change has occured
So now its the next part …watch this space