The adage How time Flies when your having fun is so true ……
50,400 of those minutes spent sleeping ( well approximately, I’m not making this an exact science!). Also even more interesting numbers is that its 14x longer than the last post about the experiences to date ….nearly 3 months …
The remaining 100,800 minutes spent doing something with food…….thats 1,680 hours or 70 days of my “new food life” creating, eating, dreaming, thinking, writing, photographing, since winning The Taste UK.
I have given myself 1 whole year thats 525,600 minutes to decide which part of this food world I truly want to be my mainstay…..
Looking back since March is really quite a list now, and also in the vain to focus myself and validate how my time is now spent and not for the sake f repeating a previous post I need to make sure my blog is worth reading.
So what have I achieved or accomplished or just completed in this which in minutes seems a mammoth amount of time, a quarter of a year has passed and its been exciting to see what I can say YES to next.
The last 6 months have seen me do all of the actions without PR agent,Representation or major professional services or intervention – I have had the support from a massive list of Twitter Friends (here are just a few that have made magic happen for me -food related , by giving their time, their thoughts, their support, and so much more), who have come real life friends, mentors, collaborators and overall inspiration in my food world-
@BarkerBaker, @TheLadySybil, @JackieKearney @HungryGecko,@DrunkenButcher,@RealMarkLloyd,@NigellaLawson,@SolitaNQ
There are so many many more who have provided continuous support, words of advice, direction and overall just been positive and believe in me and my cooking and the list grows I’m truly blessed and grateful everyday.
The 6 months list keeps growing and I’m missing things from here too!
- Launch Party at Georges Restaurant Ryan Giggs Restaurant Manchester
- 1st ever PopUp Restaurant Bolton MarketPlace in the vaults
- Food demonstration at Bolton MarketPlace
- HomeChef Launched with 2 bookings for private clients Book Now For HomeChef
- 1st ever recipes published In the Bolton News
- HomeChef client bookings in double figures 13 (unlucky for some!), a busy peiod cooking in clients homes, bespoke menus and personalising to create special even
- Worked in The Georges Dining Rooms Ryan Giggs Restaurant
- CookBook concept stated writing a 12 month project with support and mentoring from a very special source
- Designed a burger for Solita northern Quarter (never been done before) The Bang Thai D burger raised monies for Bolton Hospice too!
- Lunch date with Nigella at CocoMaya London
- PopUp Restaurant Broughton Hall – Utopi
- Worked 3 days at Michelin Starred L’Enclume working in the kitchen
- Show home launches with Taylor Wimpey canapé demos
- Headline at Bolton Middlebrook Food Festival Launch Afternoon Tea Mastercalss VIP cooking school and Kids Cookery School (31st July/1st August) Bolton Food Festival Launch MIddlebrook Retail Park
- Bolton Food Festival Judging with John Torode, Chef Demonstrations and Gala Dinner (with Michael Caines, Andrew Nutter and myself!) Bolton Food Festival August 2014
- Working with MasterChef 2011 finalist Jackie Kearney on her Street Food Silver Bullet named Barberella
- PopUp restaurants across North West and UK ( Manchester, Bolton, Cheshire, Wales, and more being booked)
- Food demonstrations across the UK Do you Love Food- event listings Tatton NW Food Lovers,
- International Cheese Judge,
- Middlebrook Retail Park ( largest in Europe) demos and cookery schools
- First ever Ladies Luncheon interactive demonstration and canapé demo at Rosette Starred Wentbridge House
- Working for a week at Gidleigh Park 2 Michelin Stars
- A monthly publication publishing my recipes (Here4you magazine)
Coming up in the last 3 months of 2014 (Oct-Dec)
- A little trip to the good old US of A and PopUps in LA and NYC – amazeballs!
- Regular PopUpRestaurants at a local venue – Chill@TheCowshed
- International cooking -Majorca
- HomeChef and lots and lots of cooking and adventures going into 2015
To book me please email email@example.com