The past 12 days since the last post have been heady with food delights, frenetic with each day brimming with activity and being somewhere everyday doing something food related. Its a busy old time and Im relishing and lapping up EVERYTHING in my path, my bubble could potentially burst anytime and Im not going to MISS anything.
YES is my favourite word of choice currently, YES I can do that.
12 Days of Spring! I have sprung!
1. I have managed to alter my blog and cant amend back- lost the recipes in the recipe tab, I have 2 About pages? …Working on this please be patient…I said I could it I said YES of course!
2. Found a new site for a lovely Delicieux Shop, and a Manager too! …More on this in the forthcoming months, I said YES to it ..
3.Cooked, Talked, meandered around our recipes and Menu for PopUp with Kalpna Mistry and James Sherwin and unfortunately have had to postpone it till June .I said a sad YES to postponement, but its still a YES!
4.Attended the Best Of Bolton Awards and saw some great recognition for the Bolton business doing well which we should be less British and more ye-ha about our praise about independents being successful. YES was said by many that evening!
5. 2 Fridays of Manchester Food Fight- a concept in bringing street food and GREAT restaurants together to feed the masses in a old warehouse/market off Deansgate Manchester, amazing music, rustic surroundings the hero of the night being the food, it is truly an amazing idea and just love it ….its on for 12 weeks and a few left to attend – I said YES to all the food from Flavours Found, Bobby’s Bangers, Solita, SugaRush gals, then list is endless have a lookie its truly brilliant BEAT STREET- FRIDAY FOOD FIGHT Manchester
6. I was approached by the owner of Solita and a unique one off never been done before opportunity to create a Burger for charity. And off I set planning , creating, trialing and tasting so many burgers- its a tough job but someones got to do it! I created the Nam Jim dressed noodles, with Chinese lettuce on the beef marrow patty, toasted brioche bun , extra chilli and green tomatoes , crispy chicken skin seasoned with coriander salt and more nam Jim sauce to top it off. The name then went out on a twitter competition for the best name- Debbie Does Thai, Phuket Burger, Thai its a big un, and many hundreds more the winner was my favourite and chosen by the Solita team The Bang Thai D burger– genius and history was made! Its on sale for 2 weeks and then i will update on how much we raise….exciting
7. Got approached to do a POPUP in London-town in June and very excited about that and a planning meeting being held down there April 6th! so I said YES of course!
8. Did a 1600 Canapés for an event – thats was a long day and night of prep and cooking :
The Canape Menu was 3 Cheese Aranacini, Salad Pops, Poached Chicken and Truffle Ballotine, Curry Shots, Sticky toffee Pudding Pies with Rose Petals!
9. I did my 1st ever cooking demo ( will be posting the video of this after), boy do I sound Bolton , I said YES and I did it- big sigh of relief when it was over but I demonstrated Chocolate Chilli Cake and Salted Carmel Sauce and we had spoons for tasting as well!
10. Delivered my 1st EVER PopUp restaurant in the MarketPlace Bolton Vaults, the vaults are going to be opened up into a retail eating hall and I had the opportunity ( assisted by a Bolton Events company DLC Lifestyle who created the Guest List – Events DLC) to feed 40 guests privately invited to this exclusive launch and I loved it – this was a massive YES! Even though there was no cooking allowed, no ventilation and no refrigeration! So menu creation was critical.
Starter: Curry Cream with Roasted Cauliflower, served with Cauliflower Cheese Soup Cauliflower Leaf infused oil
Mains – Spring salad with Micro greens, Edible Flowers, Home Smoked Lapsong Souchang Chicken, Pan Seared Venison, Chicken Parfait, Spinach Puree, Chinese Lettuce, Baby Spinach leaves and dressing of Honey, Pomegranate and Lemon
Dessert- Chocolate Toffee cake with Cocoa sherbet, Pistachio crumb topping and Creme Anglais Jelly served with Macerated Balsamic and Pink Pepper Strawberries
11. Had my first recipes published and cover page for 3 weekends in the Bolton News Weekend supplement and that was a very proud moment- YES I did that!
12. Had my 2nd pop up booked and tickets ready for sale and selling! POP UP 28th April Bolton can BOOK HERE. This is a beautiful location on the hills above Bolton on an organic farm with cookery school , restaurant, field to fork philosophy The WellBeing Farm check it our here.
It truly is exciting and so much more is going on interviews, getting my name out there for true accreditation, …….my next 12 days will still remain with me saying , YES I can do that and I will ….